Old 02-05-2019, 08:57 PM
elnan

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
My hubby and I went to a yard sale today and saw a serger for sale. it is an Ez Lock and has EZ100 on the machine. It worked, or at least it sewed a chain and was still threaded with a lot of thread on the spools. I didn't have any material to try it with, but did make a chain with it. It is in a soft zippered plastic case with carrying handles and has the instruction book with it, and is old enough that the plastic on the machine is turning yellow. I got it for $30.00. Is this a good deal? Or did I get taken. I know nothing about the sergers at all , except how the stitching looks when sewn.
Next question! Will I use it a lot? What will I use it for????
Thanks for any and all help!
Although I am not familiar with that model of serger, I feel that $30 for a used serger that was so easy to use by a beginner is a great buy. I have several of the older sergers, but not one that can have the knife dis-engaged. I bought my first one because my sister was sewing so many little dance constumes for her daughter using the same brand. I should have had a costume because I danced around it for months before getting up enough nerve to start using it. I took some classes in it's use at the junior college. While we students sewed, the instructor was whipping out lingerie as Christmas gifts, half slips and panties.
Once you get comfortable with it, you will wonder what took you so long to get one. Check your public library for some books on using sergers.