View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:46 PM
thimblebug6000

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I sure do. Measure the space underneath your sewing table/desk. Buy an inexpensive door mat at the Dollar General, one that entirely fills that space. It can be larger and cut down to size, but not smaller. With that mat in place under your sewing desk, sit where you are comfortable sewing and determine the most comfortable place for your foot to operate the pedal. Leave the pedal in that place, and mark around it with a thin permanent marker or whatever works. Remove the mat and cut the pedal shape out of it on the marked line. I used a rotary blade. When you replace the door mat your foot pedal will fit into the hole and not slide around at all.
This sounds like the best solution I have heard yet. My foot pedal is fairly large but such light plastic, even though I have a non skid mat under it, it still moves.... hmmmm...I wonder if even using something like a spare chunk of carpet that filled the space and then cutting a hole for the pedal would work.... will have to give this some more thought, thanks for this!