View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 PM
peaceandjoy

I'm with institches33 and DJ. I don't buy nearly as much as I used to. I've found that I love "scrappy" quilts best, even if they aren't from scraps but from a few strips cut from many fabrics. I don't like quilts that only have 3 or 4 fabrics in them nearly as much. So where I used to buy at least a yard, now I am much more likely to buy 1/2 yard, tops.

I also retired, so income has decreased. I got fabrics OUT of tubs and into wire cube shelving system in a closet.
I'm happy to shop my stash, but if I love something, I'll get some. Collecting is still part of the hobby for me; I love to go on shop hops or day trips with quilting friends.

Big chunky quilts aren't my thing at all. If it's 3", chances are it's not going to be in a quilt I make unless I cut it!

And, btw, you can't take money with you, either. Yes, I have children and grandchildren. They have quilts (although in all honesty, they prefer fleecy/minky type stuff - yuck!). It's not my goal to make sure I have a large savings when I die. I didn't want my parents to leave me money, either - I wanted them to enjoy it. Hopefully, our girls feel the same. If there is money left when I go, lucky them.