Old 03-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Tothill

I just posted a new thread of hiring a declutterer, then I saw this thread.

My house is about 1800sq/f with 1200 up and 800 down. I plan in the next couple years to gut the lower level, update the wiring and plumbing, plumb it for a kitchen, update the bathroom and use it for a large sewing space. In time I will convert it into a rental suite. As I age, I may move downstairs and rent out the upstairs to give me an income source and allow me to stay in my home longer.

I have a Mid Arm on a frame, it has its own room at the moment. I plan to redo my sewing room which right now has a variety of furniture pieces that work, but I would like to have something more cohesive and attractive.

My brother and I are dealing with my Dad's property. He has been hoarding there for 40 years. My brother tends to put his head in the sand and ignore the problem, then all of a sudden decide we must do something, then back down on his word. It is frustrating as Dad's place is actually in a trust with my brother and I the beneficiaries. It is also a 1/2 day travel from my home. A month ago we walked through the house and talked about what if anything we wanted from it.

I recently got in touch with someone with big bins who can help, passed the info on to my brother and he appears to have dropped the ball again. Two years ago I got the information needed to upgrade the electrical passed it on to my brother and he dropped the ball. He recently asked for it again, I sent him the email from 2 years ago, I was not going to call to update the costs involved. Brother has POA, so he has to be the one authorizing expenses.