View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 08:15 AM
linda8450

Many years ago I bought a Juki serger. I used it (I have been sewing since 4yrs old, now 75, so not a newbie) and struggled with it. About 20 years ago I bought a VIking 936 (I have Viking sewing/embroidery machines) and it was great! Has computerized settings, screen to show you what to do, etc. It is now set up as a coverstitch machine, as I went to a show and found the air threaded Babylock and came home with it! It is soooo much easier to use, thread, and maintain I never looked back. Yes, spendy, yes, I have two! I would sell the Viking but really like the coverstitch is already set up and I don't have to futz with it, so I will keep it.I would not replace it if it goes down however. The Babylock I would replace in a heartbeat if it goes down. The fact that I don't even have to think about the order in which I thread the thing, that I don't have to follow a convoluted path to get it right, that I can switch to rolled hem with a turn of a knob and flip of a switch and go from 3 thread to 4 or 5 thread in moments is so worth the $$ to me.