Thread: Binge watching
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:38 AM
charley26

I cannot watch 'Call the Midwife', it is just too maudlin, too much of the current political climate - 'the good old days' etc.
I just love Line of Duty, Shetland, Missing, Baptiste, Trapped, and any/all of the Scandi drama shows that are shown here in the UK. These are all excellent shows, although I also love Endeavour, Lewis, Vera and, I can tolerate any reruns of Miss Marple or Poirot - even though there is an element of 'the good old days' in them. My favourite Miss Marple of all time is Joan Hickson; she was truly awesome.
Must also mention Hinterland - just brilliant, currently awaiting new series of Line of Duty. Not really keen on much of American drama output shown here in the UK - apart from 'Handmaids Tale' of course; no characters that are relatable, ordinary people, and so on. Needless to say, any 'Reality' TV shows are a total switch off, and there is always the radio, and podcasts.
One radio drama/podcast I can totally recommend is 'Tumanbay' Love, love, love it. Truly wonderful.
Oh, and 'Mother, Father, Son' is rather good - it has Richard Gere in it.