Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 AM
Iceblossom

Hello virtual quilters! I've been on a virtual sew-along with a friend in Arizona who would have ordinarily been at quilt camp this past week but due to real life stuff couldn't go.

Saturday I will be going with some of my small group ladies to the Quilters Anonymous show in Monroe, WA. This is a major show in our Seattle area.

I have two projects going on, one I'm calling Not Quite Y2K, which is being made up of about 800+ unique and a few duplicate 2.5" squares most of which yes, have sat in my sewing room for 20 years. Design is traditional Flying Square block with assorted off whites for the rectangles, no -- they aren't unique at all! Blocks are made and have been laid out and numbered, border units are made and this morning I was going to lay out the top and place the border units when I found out the hubby called in sick to work and is huddled miserably in the queen sized bed. He did not appreciate the lights being snapped on nor my cheery let's get working attitude. Poor thing he works so hard, I feel bad but he is one of the world's worst sick people.

So I switched to project two, which for lack of a better name I'm calling the purple quilt. There will be 42 unique purple fabrics (one per block) along with different white on white fabrics for the background. So far I have the strips cut for the white but I have not yet done the subcuts. The purples have been sorted and are in the process of being cut. I'm currently somewhere over 30 cut to project sets and decided it was a good time for a break.