View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 AM
SherylM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have used both those threads and liked both. Silk thread is excellent for strong stitches. I like EEP and do a lot of it. I took a class on Epp just to be with my friends as I thought I couldn't learn anything new about it but I was so wrong. One new way I learned was how to do the back whip stitch. It's the only way I stitch the pieces together now. I usually use a size 50 wt thread with a larger needle.
I'm learning to do this mostly from YouTube and I saw a couple of videos demonstrating the flat back stitch. I tried it and the results were good, but it felt awkward and I had a hard time with it. Maybe after I've done this for a while, I'll revisit it.

I use a ladder stitch when I sew on my bindings, so I'm going to try that one too.

I never had the desire to try EPP, mostly because I'm not a fan of Grandmothers Flower Garden quilts, and that and hexies are mostly what you see and think of when someone mentions it. However, I go to a "Sit & Sew" every Thursday at a local church and last week one of the ladies was working on a Sue Daley pattern (Quattro Colour quilt) and I fell in love with it!

I love geometric and tessellating designs and was looking for another type of handwork to do, other than my Sashiko. This fits the bill and I can see it becoming an addiction.

QuiltnNan - thank you! I'm pleased with them.

Last edited by SherylM; 03-20-2019 at 06:31 AM.