View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Kwiltr

Default Cotton canvas in a quilt?

I have a dumb question . Has anyone ever used a cotton canvas fabric in a quilt. I bought, not one, but two, stash builder bundles of fabric thru Bluprint of coordinating fabric, expecting 100% cotton quilting fabric. I ordered two of the same bundles, thinking to get enough for a quilt top, a total of 8 yards of fabric. Each bundle contains 2 - 1 yard pieces of Cotton Canvas prints along with 3 pieces of RK fabric that I would consider quilting weight cotton. The cotton canvas is not really heavy weight, but definitely what I would call a twill type fabric. Seems the bundles were put together to make a duffle bag project...something I discovered by sleuthing it out. On the plus side the canvas pieces are 60” wide. I am disappointed it isn’t all quilting cotton, and I Went back and read the description of the product, but unless you select to go view the Product Specifications you/I would/did not see the product contained cotton canvas. I will let Bluprint know I’m disappointed, but I do love the colours of the fabric and wondered if I should keep it or send it back. I don’t really want to make a duffle bag with it, I have enough quilting projects I’d rather do. As I write this, I’m convincing myself to return the product. Even though it’s a great deal on fabric, it would probably be a PITA to try and machine quilt? And if I can’t make what I want with it, it’s not such a good deal is it!
Attached Thumbnails 86b86995-0d1d-4c25-a637-35784dca9dc8.jpeg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-26-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps