View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 06:36 AM
Sephie

Kwiltr, thanks so much for posting this plus with a picture! I had read your post earlier (without picture loaded) and was wondering which stash builder it was since I purchase many through that company and lo and behold, I bought the same kit! I was also feeling really good about it because it sold out so quickly, so I'm confident you and I are not the only ones disappointed that it's cotton canvas instead of quilting cotton.

You're right that the colors and prints are gorgeous which is also why I had bought it thinking it would be perfect for making a quilt out of. I'm probably going to make a tote bag for me and one for my sister in law as well out of this since I only bought 1 set and it's not really enough for backing a quilt of the size I normally make. You might also email Bluprint from the customer support section just to let them know how disappointed you are. I just did. I also recommended they reword their descriptions in the future to include the word "canvas" because I've spent so much money there and never gotten anything except quilting cotton/batiks. Their customer support has been fantastic every time I've reached out to them and they have more than made things right with other issues with supplies that I've had so perhaps they will do something this time. They can't have the opportunity to try if you don't start that conversation, so I'd encourage you to reach out to their support.

If you have the time and desire, the totes would probably make good grocery bags Plus they'd be really pretty! Since you have 2 sets of the fabric, you could get quite a few. I've made this tote before and it makes a nice, roomy bag:

http://www.bijoulovelydesigns.com/20...-tutorial.html