View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
watterstide

Whe i get into a bad flair up, i got to the doc, and get a shot of teradol? or toradol? (very stinging shot) they don't give it out very much..messes with other organs..but within an hour, i can dang near turn cartwheels and spit nickels.. i hear all of you and your thoughts on meds and vitamans..
i took vioxx, until they took it off the market, if i could of continued taking it, i would of signed off on the reasons they took it off the market. Always judgement calls on meds and living in pain. Quality of life has always been an issue with me..i want to be able to live without excruciating pain..so i take what is available, so long as i can function,drive and do other things in moderation. i was always an "A" type personality..i am not even a glimmer of what i once was.(wild steelworker,biker,pool shooter in competitions,red head lol) .but i feel better mentally, because i have learned not to give a rats butt about things that i can not control .I can not change the rules, or the lives of my family or friends or the homless or sick,I do what i can,when i am able.
I see a therapist once a month now..used to be every 2 weeks,seems like forever..i am lucky/rather,blessed, i have insurance.(for the depression that comes with illness and lif changes)

When the time comes, that the meds i am on, no longer work, then i will try other types of non traditional care.

re: the cymbalta, yes i have gained weight on it, the extra weight is bad for the Fibro..but so be it. i am trying to "move" more,even when i don't feel like it..

the best thing we can do for ourselves, is to lightly excercise..the hardest thing for us to to for ourselves, is to lightly exercise! it is the nature of the beast.

there are a few very good books at the library on FMS..you need to demand that doctors listen to you..

you can be misdiagnosed with FMS, and actually have Lupus, not the other way around.but you can have both.

i take a bath every night..it relieves the aches and pains...i have an adjustable handle bar i use to get up and out of the tub.
If you can find a place that has water exercise, and you can afford it..like the YMCA..thier water has to be a certain temp, according the the national arthritis foundation..it is a great way to loosen up the muscles and tendons..
i feel for all of you..and hope you find the relief you need.