Old 04-15-2019, 06:08 PM
AnInspiredMess

Default Opinion(s) Needed - Could This Singer Treadle Work Again?

I'm so sad that this machine was in pristine condition 4 years ago. Long story - but this is the condition I found it in today. My folks gave it to a friend to "store", but it was kept in an outbuilding where mice shredded the manual, old fabric scraps, and ruined everything that was in the drawers. I was able to salvage the metal attachments, oil cans, tools, etc., however many of those now have rust. My question to you fine experts is....can this machine be restored back to health? Once rust sets in on a machine....do I need to replace most parts? Can attachments be "unrusted"? I know there is a lot of information on this board about machine restoration, but I wanted your opinion on this machine. Is it worth the months of elbow grease? As far as I can find, this is a model 82. I'm not familiar with treadles at all....but it seems appealing to begin using them as I further my quilting journey. I love sewing on my Singer electrics (99, 66) for straight stitching,but treadles could be a new chapter.

I'm heart-broken this machine fell into ruin, but maybe it can still be saved? Could a (careful, dedicated) novice do it? I apologize if this is too many pictures - I'm still learning the rules of this board. Thanks in advance for looking at this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611677[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]611678[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]611679[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]611680[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]611681[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0082.jpg   img_0083.jpg   img_0086.jpg   img_0085.jpg   img_0087.jpg