Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM
Sephie

Default Double Batting and Quilting Design Question

Friends, I could be asking for a tough challenge here, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience quilting a double batted quilt on a domestic machine specifically using: Hobbs Cloud Loft (polyester 5/8in thick) and Warm and Plush (cotton, 1/4in loft?). I glue baste, and I've never glue basted a poly batting before! Will it baste ok to the cotton batting?

I know tension will be very different because it's such a crazy combination of battings I'm using, so I'm prepared for that. I will be trying this on the (new to me) Janome 7700 so at least there is 11in of harp to squish through. I also plan to attempt Baptist Fans on the quilt because it's a rainbow quilt for my rainbow loving 4 year old who also loves fluffy, and the fans look like rainbows to her I've done Baptist Fans on a big quilt in my little Janome with the 6.5in throat, so I know what I'm getting into there, at least.

Am I in for a world of hurt here? Any tips about glue basting poly batting and quilting a double batted poly/cotton quilt would be appreciated!

Top is 63x80

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612039[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rainbow-quilt.jpg