View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 05:13 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by mtboze View Post
It's challenging that cases, levers and other parts found with any machine can so easily be mismatched. And, for someone totally new to acquiring vintage sewing machines, it causes me to question whether it's even worth the effort to try to asssemble a machine as it was originally shipped.
It happens a lot with machines this old. Plus some of them made it through the "Depression Era" where many 'made do' with what they had. Some probably would repair or replace parts with whatever worked.

I picked up a White that had a Japanese ZZ manual and other mismatched feet. There were top clamp feet (for the White machine), a broken back clamp ruffler, some high shank feet and a low shank foot. Then there was a bag of sewing notions I picked up at a thrift store that had five different types of bobbins. Then there are lots of items that show up in sewing machine drawers don't have anything to do with sewing - like plastic toy soldiers, etc.

I think you may have missed a digit on the straight knee bar. I've never seen a table that holds a 'portable' case. I'm thinking that may have a different knee lever.

My #191412 knee lever also has "99 mach 200 set" and "128 " 201 set"

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 05-02-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add'l info