View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:06 AM
tropit

Default All Those Vegan Burgers Out There!

One of the biggest food crazes this last year has been the vegan burger. Sure, Morning Star Farms has been selling them for years, but now the vegan burger has become really, really big business. The Beyond Meat company just went public yesterday on the stock market. The Impossible Burger is now available at Burger King and the Giants' stadium (yes!!!) They're all vying for the comsumer's dollar.

Personally, I don't mind that at all. I've been eating at least one vegan burger per week for the last 10 years and I love them. I think that it's one of my favorite foods. My go to brand is Field Roast, (with a slice of Field Roast Chao, catsup, vegan mayo, pickles, grilled onions and a splash of mustard on top.) Field Roast is a small company and I've not heard of any plans for them to go public. I hope that they don't get swallowed up by the other guys.

I also make my own burger patties from time to time, using a seitan recipe. They're pretty good too, but take some effort in the kitchen. What's your favorite vegan burger out there?

~ C