Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 PM
liking quilting

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to catch up answering questions. I am using muslin fabric for the front and back. Thread matches the muslin very closely. What looks like contrasting color is the colored Crayola washable marker used for tracing the pattern. I washed the rows yesterday, by hand, in. the kitchen sink, and the Crayola people kept their word, those markers really do wash out. I marked the first row in blue, another in purple, and another in gray. All washed out well!
Yes, Jeanne Harrison group is accessed through facebook, and once accepted into the closed group, you get access to the workbook, files, practice patterns, and some lesson videos are on u-tube. She takes you through the stage of "I can't even draw" to thinking back to childhood scribbling and helps us see by using some simple childlike drawing, we can expand on that and make beautiful quilted shapes. She is an amazing instructor. She is currently going through a serious health issue, so I don't know how much longer her lessons will be available.