View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Debmast

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
HI, Deb...and welcome to the board!! It's a beautiful rug and looks fairly simple to do. Looks like 20" blocks so that would make easy piecing. The layout is called on-point. So, what are you asking help to do? Do you have EQ8? If so, there may be a block in the program that you could open in the block design and can modify. if not, grab some graph paper and draw out block design. One block is using HST (half square triangle) to create design so that is easy enough to do....and the other looks like it can be pieced using log cabin block design...you just need to do a different color placement to get the effect you want and maybe make 4 10" blocks. Or..Just break the blocks down into rows. Others may have more suggestions. Good luck....
Hi Teen thank you for your advice. No I don't have a eq8 I don't know what that even means lol. I just have a regular sewing machine. This quilt will only be a crib size quilt. I guess what I need help with is how to do a rag quilt on the diagonal and how someone would do the 3 connected square/chain block. Like I said I'm new to quilting. I appreciate your help so much. I'm going to google on-point now to see if I understand it. I was able to find that the other was log cabin last night after I posted here. Going to also look for tutorials on that. Again thank you so much.