View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 01:02 PM
cherrybsixty

Default Third Featherweight

I not a collector, but I keep spending my life savings on these little darlings. When I started on the QB I barely owned a 401A that was allotted from 1957 production serial numbers. Since I've been a member of the board I have acquire a vintage 1938 White (electric) and now the third celery white 1963 Featherweight. I have two black models one 1932 and the other a 1938. The 1932 has a straight engraved face-plate, the 1938 has the scrolled engraved face-plate. I hope that I don't have that turned around. They both are gorgeous ladies. So, I take them to the OMG and they oil them and tune them up for me. I'm not a mechanical person. The gentleman inquires about how many more do I have. I state just those two and then he mentions that he has a celery colored one and I have to see it. When I seen it I had to have it. I live in Kansas, but I purchased both of my ladies from Georgia. The celery lady I just purchased from Missouri. With a machine manual, four bobbins, and additional parts. such a buy. I was only lucky like this when I purchased the first FW. I am so thrilled to have this opportunity. When one day I'll luck up on a Kansas found hope that I will be able to purchase it when that happens.

Cherryb