View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:29 AM
Libits

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
I would stitch around the stars in the white sections with white thread and also around the white centre squares. White thread on white fabric......very, very forgiving and actually, swivelling your work ever so slightly to "follow" the star points is very doable....just take your time and check your backing for bunching each time you've swivelled...but if you've basted fastidiously (and that is an absolute must in your preparation for quilting) that shouldn't be a problem and as you get comfortable with the process it will become easier and easier. I agree, red stitching through the red and the blue...it'll provide a nice contrast when the eye rests on the red stitching across the blue. Walking foot quilting can be very versatile; check out Jacquie Gerings' books and you tubes...she's brilliant and very clear with her instructions. Good luck, you'll be fine and your quilt will look fabulous.

I might add at this point in time I am angsting over exactly the same problem. I have a quilt top of very contrasting colours and I have a gazillion different coloured threads laid out across it auditioning for me. It drives me nuts!!!!!
"Auditioning" is the perfect word! I’ve learned a lot since I started quilting but two things stand out to me:

1. Maybe it’s because I’m a newbie but things are always harder then I think they’re going to be
  2. Sometimes what I Know will look perfect in my mind doesn’t look as good in reality

Great advice. Thank you!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-07-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps