View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:43 AM
fatsewcat

Default "Mom, Can you?" & Settling In

We bought a house in July, finally got to move in in February and I finally accomplished two things since being there. Making my first quilt and unpacking my fabric.

The quilt - it was made at the request of Son#2. He met a special young lady while in AIT and requested that I make her a quilt for her AIT graduation. First he wanted to know if I could make it with camo of some sort...check, than because she likes to hunt, can you add her top 3 favorite things to hunt...check check, and last "can you put this 'phrase' on it somewhere?" The phrase is of a tattoo she got in memory of her best friend/cousin who passed away while she was in basic. It really hit her hard when she found out she couldn't be there to say goodbye so he wanted to honor that in her quilt as well. She has since received her quilt and I was told she was smiling ear to ear from the time she opened it until they parted that evening. She loves it and couldn't believe we would go through all that trouble 'for her'. This is just one of the reasons I love doing this.<3

Second is my arrangement of how I am storing and displaying my fabric until my sewing she-shed is built. I love how fat-quarters and yardages fold & fit nicely into these 'milk' crates. Along with how the crates fit nicely under my sewing table. I put all the pretty's up front and the browns and other overflows in the back. I can't stack them two-high back there because they wont fit under the edge of table but I did find unused space in the closet for the rest. Yay! Ignore the exercise ball though, its just there for looks and taking up space where crates will fit. LOL!

It feels good to have this part of my sewing passion unpacked. Now to find a spot for my fat quarters and novelty prints.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.