Thread: Robocall scam
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:23 AM
NoraB

We don't have caller ID on our home phone (just don't want to pay additional). Now, we've started just letting the answering machine take the call. Most times, there is no "message", so I know it's scammers, etc. Such a shame that we are disturbed in our home with unwanted interruptions and solicitations. Once you turn 65, the calls increase with all the offers of "the back brace you ordered", "you or someone in your household is suffering from chronic pain", "You pay alot of money for your PC and the technical support you have not used", "your IP address has been compromised, please call immediately", "Your SSN is going to be cancelled unless you call imediately", etc. Yesterday, the recording actually told me "don't hang up"! ! ! Now, we are getting orders from strangers!?!? Of course, I hung up! All I want to do is sew and not have to listen to that phone ring with yet another interruption! Seems like if those poor folks whose job it is to "work" at these scams would turn their talents and efforts to something meaningful, we'd all be better off. (Good, now my weekly venting is completed)! Have a good sewing day everyone!