View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:28 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I have worse news for you. On some brands of LA that stuff can travel up your needle bar and gunk things up in there as well. If you don't have access to take it all apart and clean it out you may have to bring it in for a servicing. Last year I was having issues with mine, (not a sit down machine) and tech support thought glue from fusible applique had mucked things up in the needle bar, apparently it has happened to a lot of users. That wasn't my issue but in the troubleshooting process, the manufacturer (tech support) had me buy a gun cleaning kit for a .22. I had to remove the needle bar and ream out the area using the gun cleaning tool/reamer completely saturated with oil (sorry I can't remember if he just had me use my machine oil or the special oil in the gun cleaning kit) used to clean out a barrel of a gun. So you may be able to clean out your bobbin area using machine oil or the oil for cleaning guns. You can probably pick it up at any sporting goods place or if you have hunters in your family they would surely have it (or should anyways). Most LA manufacturers have phone support. I would call.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 05-09-2019 at 11:31 AM.