Thread: Downsizing
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 05:39 AM
Sharonquilts

As several have already mentioned, I, too, do not want my children to have to deal with disposing with lots of "stuff" that I can take care of now. In 2017, all the family pitched in to clean out my Mother's house so we could sell it and use the funds for Assisted Living. Me, my sister and my daughter did most of the work and it was a very tedious task. Now I'm helping my 89 yr. old aunt make repairs to her house so she can move back home. (She cared for her brother at his house for years.) Once I get her moved, then we have the brother's house to clean out and sell. Plus I still have a quarter of my basement and a third of my garage full of Mother's things that family wanted but still hasn't picked up. Sooo ... needless to say ... I'm completely overwhelmed with where to start on decluttering my own house. LOL. I'm determined to do this and my DH has offered to help. Unfortunately, he doesn't see the value in a lot of things like I do ... it's all trash to him. I have some things of Mother's that I'm sure I can sell to antique dealers and/or collectors and we have a large antique mall about 15 minutes away. I keep saying I'm going to take pictures of items to see if any of the dealers might be interested. Oh welll, some day. Ha.