Old 06-04-2019, 04:15 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Keep the ribbons. If you cited the awards it won as a selling feature to the quilt, I think I would include notorized copies of any paperwork with the quilt for provenance such as judging critiques or any paperwork that says this quilt earned xyz at show abc, but not the ribbons, they are yours, you earned them. Another way to look at it.... I have adopted/purchased retired show cats. Both cats achieved championship status in their show careers. One was a big regional winner in the CFA (takes many ribbons to get to that level) and the other earned triple grand champion status. Both of these cats earned the huge rosette style ribbons. The ribbons did not come with the cats and I wouldn't dream of asking for them. I didn't do any of the work to get them into the shows (transport, fees, grooming, benching, travel time, etc). Even though the cats earned the ribbons, they couldn't have done it without all the hard work of their breeders. I feel it is the same for the quilts. Keep the ribbons. If the new owner wants to try showing the quilt to try and earn a ribbon, that is now their prerogative as the new owner. Although I would certainly hope they give credit where credit is due and not attempt to show it as their own work. Toogie's post was spot on.