View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Iceblossom

I try to do my best possible work at all times, but there is a large heaping of "good enough" in me too. Most of my projects are use quilts, pretty blankets. It's not that I don't have standards, but I don't have design/workmanship considerations that I have when I'm trying to work on an "award winning" quilt. I'm very happy making every day dishes when I look at all the fine china around me plus, I want to use my fine china as well as the every day stuff.

When I first started quilting, I was very happy with some pretty horrendous projects and seams and such and I got better over time and my expectations got higher. Now, as I deal with my vision issues -- well, I don't see so clearly as I once did but I'm still sewing. Again, not exactly that my standards got lower but that my expectations over what I can do is lower than it once was-- so I try to do the best I can.

I'm trying some different styles and techniques nowadays and a lot of my projects are cut simpler than maybe they would have been five years ago. Part of me knows that my best work is most likely behind me, but I'm still having fun and I love playing with fabric. And in that case, good enough is the best I can do!