View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 02:21 AM
Butterfli19

What does that word even mean? I think there is a difference between wanting to have things the way that makes you feel accomplished and being over-particular. If you feel better when your appliances are lined up and your clothes are hung 1" apart, then go for it, as long as that stays with you and you don't project that onto others in your household. Some things I like certain ways and I don't understand why others don't but I have to live with me and them so I try to "control" my own things and if I don't want water spots on the bathroom mirror two seconds after I clean it, I wipe them off instead of dragging the offender back in to wipe it down or yelling at them for it. It just makes more sense, takes less time and is emotionally healthier for both of us.

As far as sewing, I do the best I can with my skill set and of course, the more I do it the more confident I become. Sometimes I'll rip out 4" for one stitch and sometimes I'll just "whatever" it away. I do what I do to make me feel good about what I am doing, in things that I am doing myself - cooking, cleaning, ironing, dishes, laundry, yard work. Some days I care more than others and some days I let it all go, order pizza for us and chill.

So I guess it's up to you. It's like they say, don't let anyone make you feel bad for being you. Or, pick your own nits. Or, just go with it.