View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 04:09 PM
osewfast

Depends on the project. Some projects - I'm relaxed and just having fun. I want it to be Right, but don't stress over perfection. I'm just enjoying the whole process, possibly learning new techniques, and embracing my creative soul. Close enough is fine. =)
Other projects (paid projects especially) I work harder to get it right. I don't strive for perfection - but these projects are held to a higher Personal standard. IMO, only God is perfect. I'm very human - therefore happily imperfect. hahaha!
All that being said - I'm stressing like crazy over my current quilt projects - 2 memorial quilts for my niece & nephew made from their dad/my brother's shirts. I've never made a t-shirt quilt before - so I'm learning. And I know I can not mess up his shirts. They are one of a kind and irreplaceable. So I'm putting stress & pressure on myself! Ackkk!

When I work with the kids on Wednesday nights at my church I had one girl who had to have everything perfect. She stressed over the perfect colors to use on coloring sheets, staying in the lines, etc etc etc. IMO, it took the joy out of it for her. I talked & gently teased her about just letting go & having fun with things. I told her there are no mistakes in arts & crafts - just creative opportunities. She & I still talk & tease about her need for perfection - but I think she learned to relax and enjoy being creative. She is still a straight A student with lots of achievements - but I think she is enjoying the ride more now.

To quilt is human, to finish is Divine.

Donna Mc

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-10-2019 at 02:45 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps