View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 AM
Blueridgebeverly

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I'm not a perfectionist by any standards but I do notice that when I make a quilt I always find something about it that I don't like. However, once it's finished and time passes I tend to forget about whatever bugged me. I'm like that about a lot of things.
I've also noticed that non-quilters don't see mistakes unless they are glaring and mine aren't quite that bad!
Around the house I'm laid back. I'd like everything a lot tidier than it is but lack the ambition to do it! I'd much rather be sewing or gardening.
Me too! Sewing or gardening, or reading a good book. I remember a high school friend in a odd little compliment asked how I managed to live with ‘not so great.’ She said she had trouble getting out of bed in the morning because she was afraid she wouldn’t do things perfectly or be the best. My reaction was, “Wow! You are so brave. I wouldn’t have the courage to face that stress daily.” Years and years later my DSL asked me how did I manage to be so spontaneous. She was struggling with knowing a thing should be done the right way and wondered how I didn’t mind doing it the wrong way. (Tee hee) I think we all are motivated by different things. Me? Gosh, I just love learning. I think I’m motivated by curiosity. I like to try my hand at things but probably don’t master many things. But I do try to do things well.......just not to perfection?

Very interesting thread. I enjoyed reading the thoughts of others.