View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:08 PM
SarahBethie

I think your wiring and personal investment in the issue play a part. For me, it’s a question of time, importance, and personal satisfaction. I tier my activities to goals which reinforce completion and what I gain by doing so. Sewing wise, it may include skill acquisition, mastery, or undertaking a challenge. Whether you’re learning a language or sewing a quilt; the why is paramount. Its the thing that spurs you on when you’re tired, bored or frustrated.

This isn’t a case of perfection versus good enough but the standard you’ve developed for your craft. I pursue excellence because the feeling of accomplishment is very satisfying.

In 2016 I challenged myself to read more. I set a goal of 100 books and decided to start the classics reading challenge I’ve wanted to take on. But when I began something clicked within me and I increased the goal and settled on 250 books. I finished the year with 350. Since that time I’ve finished 751 titles and built a lifestyle around my interests and goals. I accomplish significantly more because I focus on the finish line.

When I altered my reading goal my daughter said it was crazy. But she was wrong and I finished Les Miserable in 2 weeks!