View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 04:13 AM
Quilting_Witch

Thank you!

I made this quilt for my son's school paraprofessional. She has been amazing for the last two years, and now that he's moving on to jr high school, he's moving on to a new para. Yesterday was the last day of school, and I presented her with this quilt before classes started for the day. She cried, I cried, we hugged, it was wonderful.

I felt driven to make this quilt for her...I Needed to make this quilt. Then, when we composed ourselves, she told me that her sister is a quilter, and is dying of ALS. The last quilt that she was able to make was given to our para, and is on its last legs. She really wanted to put it away for safekeeping, but didn't have a good replacement for it, and was reluctant to put it away. She has sent me a pic of it (my quilt) in her den, on her rocking chair, where she sits with her sister's quilt every night. Now she's going to sit with ours and get a big hug from us every time she sits down to watch TV.

This turned out to be even more meaningful than I thought it would, and I'm so glad I was able to give her such a gift.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-13-2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps