View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Schill93

Default To all the Free Motion Wanabees

Sometime last month I posted how discouraged I felt when faced with the prospects of ever learning how to free motion quilt. I mentioned that I had no eye-hand coordination what so ever and couldn't draw worth a darn. I did not feel that "practice, practice, practice" was going to do it for me.

My initial efforts were pitiful. More than pitiful. I could not make a decent curve of any sort, or make quick enough decisions of where I had to go next, without getting locked in. Up until a few days ago, I still felt that way. My lovely curves and circles looked more like lightning bolts in a bad storm.

Today, I shattered that opinion. I saw progress, and I am excited about this pursuit, which I never dreamed I would be. Actually, I find quilting Fun. I remember watching Angela W one night on YouTube when she said after completing her piecing that now she gets to do the fun part. Fun, I thought. For you maybe, but for me, Never.

Well, my fellow newbees, I am hear to tell you that you can do it. You will do it, and you will truely enjoy doing it. In my opinion, it is a more gratifying artistic endevour than piecing (once you make a break through) So, get yourself some cotton sheets from Goodwill and start riping. (don't forget the batting) Each day, after you put in your alloted time, date your days work right on the sheet.

One day not that far off, you will hold up that sheet, and you will be grinning ear to ear.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-26-2019 at 02:43 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps