View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Feathers-N-Fur

Default Millefiori revisited

I know I’m years late coming to this party. I was watching Diane Kirkhart on The Quilt Show, she did Millefiori 3 ways, EPP, machine pieced and Inklingo. As I watched the Inklingo part, she prints the lines on the fabric then rotary cuts them apart. Well, I have a Scan-N-Cut, it could draw the stitch lines and cut the pieces apart, This seams great so I look for a tutorial and don’t find anything, not even a mention on a blog. So I continue thinking about how to do the repeat cuts and think about my die cutter. I could have 2 custom dies made, one for fabric and one for papers. Then pin match the 6 repeats of fabric, cut the into the appropriate die sizes, and the repeats would have the same affect as an OBW or 4PP. I think this again sounds good and go look for any reference to anyone doing this but find nothing. So what is wrong with my 2 ideas? Why hasn’t this been done? I haven’t bought the book until I’m sure I want to do this, but I think both ideas would make this more enjoyable for me. What do you all think?