View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 09:42 AM
toogie

You sound like me and probably a lot of others here too. I have had women come here for me to 'show' them 'how to' and my daughter has suggested for me to teach sewing since I retired and could use extra income. I told her I would not know what to charge or how to charge, by the hour or by so many sessions for a project. How do you teach/charge? You can pm me if you'd rather. This is not me bragging but just what lots of others have said about my sewing when they see a project I've done. They say it looks 'professional' and I'm sure others have told you that and told others here that too. They also say they wish I'd give lessons. I have Never taken a class on anything either. We were 3 girls. Our mother sewed as did our grandmother. Mother gave us a bolt of plisse if I remember correctly, and each a pattern to make ourselves a gown. She told us to read our guide sheet and IF we had a problem, come to her. Otherwise we sewed it all ourselves. My oldest sister and I made ours. Our middle sister would have slept naked before she'd sew a stitch!I guess you have to have a desire to sew.--Fortunately, especially for me since I shared a room with my middle sister, mom made her a gown-

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-29-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps