View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
nellebelles

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Oh Nellie,
How do you do it? I hope you have family to help out when you are both down. So often when I have a flare up, I'm not sure for a while if I am getting the flu or a cold. After several days I can tell the difference. If my husband were to be down at the same time, it would be harder for us both..(more for me probably). I hate to hear a grown man whine...
I have been so fortunate that my dh is strong and in relatively good health. He works out at the gym several times a week and that has helped him a lot. I wish I could do that but some days walking to the mailbox is exhausting!
Not a good situation to be in. when I was working,I had home health clients in similar situations.It was tough sometimes.
This just proves to me, there really is always someone in a worse situation then we are. My heart goes out to you. I am sure you have both had to develop a lot of coping skills over the years.

I wish you a good nights sleep,

Ditter
Hi Ditter,
Thank you for your concern and compassion. Even though we have lots of stuff to deal with, my DH and I keep a very positive outlook. We've made a conscious decision to LIVE everyday--no matter what. We do have family nearby, and a very active church family--both of which will do whatever we need to help us through our worst times. We try to plan for the "down" days by making meals ahead and keeping stuff around that we can do that doesn't take much energy. Even though we both live with lots of pain, we find joy in each day.
I hope that we can all be of help to each other through this topic post. I know I have learned some things from this post that I didn't know before. Like itching--DH and I both have that from time to time--I didn't realize it could be related to the fibromyalgia. I have long suspected allergies to be part of the cause of this nasty disease, too.
I hope we all get a good night's rest--and pray that there will be relief for all of us at some not too distant time.