View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 04:43 AM
Tare

Default Greetings from Florida

I'm a mom of two grown boys, wife and grandmother to two gorgeous grand daughters.

I had never attempted quilting or even had a desire to learn. Then one day about 7 years ago, my eldest son told me he wanted a quilt for his birthday and he wanted me to make it. I called my sister, who has been a quilting fanatic for many years and asked for help. She gave me a website to go to to buy a kit. My son wanted greens and browns for colors. Lo and behold, there was a queen size kit in those colors in the clearance section, so I purchased it. After numerous calls for help to my sister who is 500 miles away, I managed to put the front together. However, when I laid it out to layer the back, batting and top, the batting was too small. Come to find out, it wasn't a queen, it was a king. The kit was labeled wrong. So, my very first quilt was a king size. Then when my youngest son saw it, he wanted one. So I used the same pattern but in the colors he chose. Word started to spread in the family, and I ended up making 3 more king size quilts. These were my first 5 quilting projects. By now, I was hooked on quilting but I much prefer the smaller projects now.

I enjoy gardening, sewing (embroidery and quilting), baking hundreds of cookies at Christmas to deliver to the police and fire stations and spending time with my grandbabies when I visit them.

I look forward to gleaning any info I can get here and offering any advice I can.