View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 AM
Martina058

I have acquired two left homing machines and am going to try piecing on them with a clear plastic zig zag foot that my husband will “shave” down for me on the toe since it is impossible to find a straight stitch foot for these machines, never mind a 1/4” piecing foot. I have also placed painter’s tape on the bed as a guide. Even tho both machines came with a seam guide, the foot is too wide to use it! The other option is a blind hem foot that comes in a complete package of snap on feet from www.sewingpartsonline.com. The blind hem foot has an adjustable width. I also read somewhere that they don’t make the needles for the left homing machines anymore. I do happen to have some sewing machine needles with a round shank (not for my longarm), but when I tried those, it did not make the needle centered. Would like to find someone, if there exists such a person, to make the necessary adjustments, if possible, to these machines to make them with center needles! I’m not a professional sewing machine mechanic but I could see replacing the needle bar and adjusting the bobbin assembly. If piecing does not pan out, I can still quilt on them with a walking foot. I just have to remember to watch the needle not the edge of the foot for a guide!