Old 08-10-2019, 07:48 PM
vschieve

Well the story is still going on today. My mother is still living at 93 but with many health issues. This year, the entire month of February she returned to the small town where she was in the specialty hospital, Luling, TX. They are so accommodating to family members of the patient. Mother's sacral pressure wound had reopened and she was there from the night of Jan. 30 through March 1, 2019. They rolled in a cot for me to sleep on in her room. The maintenance guy even dug up for me from a vacant office a table on which I could set my machine to sew. I finished a tote bag, photo attached, for my 2nd cousin in San Antonio who teaches first grade. Not to mention, since mother was there in Aug of 2014, the town now has an amazing quilt shop, Holly Dee's Quilts. Made a few visits there as well!

Now that mother has been back since March 1, I have used her night stand in her room, upon which my MacAir is on as I type right now, but am i the process of cutting strips for another quilt. I just roll in every afternoon things to occupy with while here and she seems to always feel more comfortable and happier when I am with her. I use a rotating cutting mat and away I go. Don't really have much more to cut, actually.
Attached Thumbnails img_20190221_212552.jpg  

Last edited by vschieve; 08-10-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: add photos