Thread: Dear Jane
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM
WendyMcD

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
I wonder if doctors are prescribing biologic meds for Lupus? I think I saw it being advertised on TV? If it is an option for you, you may be able to get your meds free directly from the company. My brother does this for RA. Don't give up, girl.
Yup, been on Benlysta for a year, it's horrifically expensive but we get it free cause we could never afford it. My life has changed dramatically. I suffered without the chemo for over 2 years and finally found a way to get it free(ish) first I have to meet my out of pocket max which is like $3,000 then it's free. I hit that by March. I only hope that they will renew it for 2020 or I degenerate to bed ridden. Your bro should be on the one that takes like 6 hours to get into the system, it's called Rituxamab. I feel awful doing mine and it takes 1 hour, but we spend about three hours in the cancer center. Doc threatened to take me off of Benlysta and switch me to Rituxamab when my numbers shot through the roof a month ago. I'm glad I didn't have to as the side effects from Benlysta keep me in bed for 2 days... the other is worse. That said I have to take a bunch of other drugs for all the rest of the diseases. It's not fun getting old... I always thought I would die by 30 and never need to go through all of this. Good thing I didn't as I wouldn't have my 2 youngest and would have missed out on all sorts of things, quilting included. I was a wild one. :-)