Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane >

Dear Jane

Dear Jane

Old 08-25-2019, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by leakus View Post
Hi Wendy, I have all the fabrics ready, mindset read as well but I am on a frozen stage and cannot start, don't know why! I guess I have a lot of UFOs and don't want to just start and have it sitting in a box so trying to finish some quilts before I start a project that I know it will take years for me to finish.
That's just the thing, if you know it will take years to finish,,, that box will be setting on the shelf anyway so go for it. Looking back over my journal, I am sure I was so not monogamous back then... looks like I finished the top in a few months! I started 11-11-99 and the last entries are in August of 2000. Then all the fabric was carefully boxed up into a pampers box (children are all adults now) and stored. It was moved many times with us in the last 20 years but unfortunately an overzealous DH hauled it all to the dump, in the last 6 months or so. I can hardly believe it but they are all gone. I'd swapped and purchased and and it's all gone. Fortunately I'd cut all the fabric pieces of the triangles, made many of them and have only a handful left. Now the rubber meets the road, we'll see if I'm still able to work on it, if I remember all my skills or not.

All that said, you could loose everything tomorrow, health or fabric LOL. I highly recommend you start today, right now in fact.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:00 PM

I wonder if CBD oil would help?
Talk to your doctor about using it. Some folks get great relief with it.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:21 PM

Your Dear Jane is beautiful and I can't fathom how long it took to make. I doubt I'll ever attempt it, as my list is also long and I don't foresee making big quilts. But I never say "never," just kind of know myself too well to see spending
a long time on any one quilt. I like starting new ones too much!

I'm so sorry for all your health problems. I truly cannot imagine what daily life must be like for you. But it sounds like you persevere and go for your goals in spite of your diseases. Good for you!
Old 08-26-2019, 04:54 AM

Just keep plugging away and you will finish some time. Although I'm sure you'd like to sleep under your quilt sometime! I was into "Dear Jane" for several years about 10-15 years ago. Made 4 versions in various sizes - 30s, Christmas, blue and white, Asian and black. Loved it and then worked on "Just Plain Nuts" and a few other samplers. I love samplers and smaller blocks. I think it's because you can use various techniques for the individual blocks, and learn a lot that way. Best wishes to you!
Old 08-26-2019, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
"Just Plain Nuts"!
no! There's another one out there! LOL I had no idea, now I'm in trouble. Thanks.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-26-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-26-2019, 07:57 AM

Enjoying reading this thread and the Sylvia’s thread. My Jane lacks cutting the scallops and binding. I made a bad choice in my wanting it finished, and had it pantograph quilted. ��. My Sylvia still needs borders. Too many ufo’s at my house.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:59 AM

You don't like the panograph? Is that why you haven't bound it? What would you have done differently?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:07 AM

I would have paid more to have it custom quilted. Just didn’t seem worth it at the time.