View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 07:18 AM
WendyMcD

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Your hubbie should not be allowed in your sewing room. lol!! What a stinker!
Actually in his defense, I think I might have told him to do it. I told him to toss everything in the cubby over the deep freeze in the garage. He took me literally, if I'd have told DD that she'd have tossed the garbage (old boots etc) and left the quilting/canning stuff up there. The pampers box was there and clearly said Repro's on it. The other thing he tossed way my long arm lamp but that's easily replaced. Of all the things he kept... there are 2 boxes of half filled canning jars... astounding that he tossed 1000 worth of fabric and kept the one cheap thing. LOL

DD hit the front closet and came out with a slew of stuff including an old desk top puter. What with my SLE I forgot why I'd kept it... our family photos were in there. Course I didn't just tell DH to toss it but told him to drill through the hard drive too! What! LOL yeah I should just tell them not to toss anything but we are rapidly overflowing the house since we are now five full grown adults. But I can't do stuff like deep clean any more so I have to be willing to replace the irreplaceable or suck it up when it's gone.

How do ya'll deal with the mounting clutter? Do you de-clutter as you live? Clean it out every 6 months? Every 10 years?