View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 05:58 AM
Snooze2978

Just measured my room that has my 26" on a 12' frame and its only 10.5 wide by however long. I have my cords up in the ceiling so I don't trip over them when I'm at the back of the frame for whatever reason. I have IQ on my machine and love it. APQS is right here in Carroll, IA but after comparing the specs on these 2 brands, pricing, options, customer service, etc. I went with the Innova. The fact that if I have a problem I can call Michael and he will walk me thru it. I also have the LS on it but don't need it with IQ. I also added from the get on their upgraded upper tension system and that's a real stress release. I rarely have to adjust the upper tension no matter what threads I use. I use Jamie's method for testing the tension on my bobbin thread. And the biggest thing was when I went to the quilt show......my 1st ever, I wasn't even in the market for a new machine. I was just playing with all of them and fell in love with the Innova. Decided then that if and when I decided to upgrade that's what I'd get. My mother jumped in and told me to go order what I wanted as she wanted her quilt done more sooner than later as I had told her that she'd have to wait till I had a larger machine/frame. It was a huge quilt. You best bet is to try out all the machines you can and see what feels best under your hands for the type of quilting you like to do, their customer service, what you get for the price they quote you, etc.