View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:14 AM
juliasb

Default Quilts, quilts, and more quilts!

I just spent 2 wonderful full days and nights with my kids and grandkids. I am still on cloud 9 since I don't get to see them very much.
One of the thing that tickles me to no end is to see so many of the quilts I have made for them over the years. Some of them I have forgotten that I even made until I saw them out. They are all very loved To see a quilt I made as a wedding present 19 years ago be used and well taken care of. My daughter say, "it get kind of chilly down here at night", so she stacked 5 quilts on the bed. Now I only slept under one of them. However, how often does a quilter get to sleep under her own quilts? All 5 of the grand kids have at least 2 quilts in their rooms on beds or toy chest. My daughter each have 2 on their beds and the guest room had 5. In addition there were quilts stacked in the laundry room storage. What a big tickle it was for me to see how much love these quilts are getting. It is time to make them more! Most interesting even the Cathedral Windows that is about 15 years old is in great shape!
These 2 days were the greatest. Grandchildren and quilts what more could I ask for!