Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts, quilts, and more quilts! >

Quilts, quilts, and more quilts!

Quilts, quilts, and more quilts!

Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 AM

What a wonderful two days you had. My DIL just texted a picture of our DGD snuggled in the engagement quilt I gave her parents 8-9 yrs. ago. She said she often grabs it off the end of their bed and drags it to her room. I have made the DGD several but this one is larger. She looked like a burrito!
Old 09-03-2019, 06:21 AM

Most of the quilt I make my kids and grand kids are quite large, full to king size depending on their bed sizes. There are a few smaller ones but they have seen better days. That to me just means how much they have been loved. That always gives me warm fuzzy feeling. Yea, it was the greatest 2 days ever!
Old 09-03-2019, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Not only wonderful to spend time with the grandkids, but also to visit your quilt gifts to you family. Nothing warms your heart more than to see your gifts are loved and used!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:52 AM

Wonderful! It’s exciting for me to see a quilt being used and loved, so I can only imagine seeing a bunch of them at one time!
Old 09-03-2019, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
you are so lucky. I gave a very special quilt that I had made to a very special person and a year later I stayed with her in her big house (in another state) and she "decorated with quilts" and my quilt was nowhere to be seen. My daughter told me on the way home that she saw my quilt in the back of the boy's toy closet. A year later, she put pictures on Facebook of their new puppy wrapped in my quilt after his first bath.
How sad. You just can't understand ingratitude about a gift that took so much work to produce. I hope you enjoyed working on the quilt and can forget what she's done with it since then.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:50 AM

So wonderful to know that your quilts are appreciated and loved. I got upset when a quilt I gifted to someone had coffee spilled on it and she asked me how to get it out. Then I realized the coffee meant she was using the quilt and hadn't put it away in some closet so I did help her clean it and got out most of the stains.