Thread: So Excited
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 03:48 PM
cashs_mom

I live in Houston so I'm there every year. I usually don't take classes anymore because it's such a hassle to get from my house downtown in the mornings, but I spend 3 or 4 days shopping/looking/taking pictures. Its a wonderful show. You'll have a great time.

I would pay for the downtown hotel. If you are taking classes, you really don't want to be fighting the traffic driving in in the morning. Traffic here is outrageous and drivers are very aggressive. If you stay downtown, you can take the shuttle or walk across the skyway from your hotel.

There are lots of good restaurants downtown as well as one right in the on the outside of the convention center. You definitely won't starve!

Bring comfy shoes and a large tote bag to carry your goodies. Rolling totes are not allowed on the floor of the convention center during Quilt Fest. I'm not a fan of backpacks because the aisles are extremely crowded and the big backpacks invariably whack people when the wearer turns. Also, you really don't want your wallet and money on your back when its easy prey for a pickpocket, to say nothing of the hassle of taking it off to get your money out in a crowded booth.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 09-06-2019 at 03:52 PM.