View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:23 AM
mea12

After sewing on this one for a few days, I can see why you say that about wanting an extra thread-guide. I bought class 15 bobbins at joann's and they don't fit so very well...have to really press hard on the spindle and then the bobbin winder paddle doesn't fit inside the bobbin. i tried a different bobbin from same pack and it was a little better. I was able to quilt a small wall-hanging using both straight line and FMQ and both look really stellar. The straight-stitch is as good as any I've seen. I know these have been under-rated for years but that may be changing now as most I see on various local sites are $120-ish and up. Wow the 301's are now selling routinely for close to $300. I now have 3 singers..FW, 403 and this 237. I like the simplicity and versatility (zig-zag) of the 237 and also the weight which can be a draw-back also. And I love that it uses some of my janome low-shank feet. Well, thanks for listening.. i thought i was past this acquisition phase having moved on more than i own now by far but this is a keeper, for sure. One day I'll have to decide which ONE to go out with as they say. That won't be easy!