View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 11:38 AM
CarlaB

Default Dressmaker Model NZ-708F

Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I have an "old" Dressmaker sewing machine manufactured in Japan. I got the serial number off of it but I cannot find any info about it at all, I have tried several different search methods. Do any of you know anything about them?
I have my first sewing machine and it is a Dressmaker Model NZ-708F I have the Owners/Manual but no where in it does it tell what type of Bobbin to use!! I bought it in 1976 I think. It has many miles on it. Somewhere along the line I lost all but 1 bobbin. I have not been able to match it to any I have seen in the stores! I have kept it in good shape and would use it more if I had more bobbins. I bought a slightly newer model unseen from my niece thinking I could use it's part but not the same. I sent my Singer to a shop to be serviced and sent along the bobbin to see if they could identify it and sell me more. I am waiting. I heard that Dressmaker no longer makes Dressmakers for home use and that they make industrial machines now in Sweden. I am not giving up, someday I will find some help. My Dressmaker is far better than anything on the market now. It is metal, not plastic! So now I have 5 machines all different parts but I keep them all running.