Dressmaker Sewing Machine

Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I bought the machine from someone but I never have used a sewing machine before and finding the manual would greatly help. Hope it works out!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 PM

I was given an old dressmaker sewing machine also made in Japan. It is either a brownish color or just needs a good cleaning. I can't get it to make a stitch. I need a manual or need to know how to find a repairman
Old 09-19-2019, 11:38 AM

Default Dressmaker Model NZ-708F

Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I have an "old" Dressmaker sewing machine manufactured in Japan. I got the serial number off of it but I cannot find any info about it at all, I have tried several different search methods. Do any of you know anything about them?
I have my first sewing machine and it is a Dressmaker Model NZ-708F I have the Owners/Manual but no where in it does it tell what type of Bobbin to use!! I bought it in 1976 I think. It has many miles on it. Somewhere along the line I lost all but 1 bobbin. I have not been able to match it to any I have seen in the stores! I have kept it in good shape and would use it more if I had more bobbins. I bought a slightly newer model unseen from my niece thinking I could use it's part but not the same. I sent my Singer to a shop to be serviced and sent along the bobbin to see if they could identify it and sell me more. I am waiting. I heard that Dressmaker no longer makes Dressmakers for home use and that they make industrial machines now in Sweden. I am not giving up, someday I will find some help. My Dressmaker is far better than anything on the market now. It is metal, not plastic! So now I have 5 machines all different parts but I keep them all running.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:54 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617571[/ATTACH]

Hi Carab. Welcome to the board. You are lucky enough to live close to the vintage swing museum in Tulsa on Peoria.
They have hundreds of fabulous machines and many are hands on so you can play. Perhaps you could take your machine head, or at least bobbin case and they could match it... Anyway go prepared to spend some time there..and then you 'll have to re- arrange your house for all the vintage machines you will want to add.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:03 PM

Welcome. Carla.
I couldn't find a picture of Dressmaker Model NZ-708F. Dressmaker was a badged name used on many different machines. I'm guessing that it would take either a metal 15 or possibly a metal class 66 bobbin. Without seeing the machine and bobbin case it is hard to say. I have found machines with different badge names and different model numbers that are nearly identical. Sometimes the new metal bobbins do not have a large enough notch to work with some vintage machines.

If you could post a picture of the bobbin and the bobbin case (The machine, too), maybe we could help. Most pictures need to be reduced in size to be able to post here. We like pictures

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.