Old 09-24-2019, 04:43 AM
ssorrow

Default Going from a Bernina to something else for quilting and embroiery

<style type="text/css"> </style>Has anyone had experience moving from a Bernina to a Babylock or Janome for free-motion quilting or embroidery? I bought a Bernina730 Artista when they first came out and spent a lot of money buthave had nothing but problems with it. I have a number of oldermachines I can use for general sewing and piecing (Singer 201, Singer401A, Singer 600E, and Bernina 703 Record). It's the embroidery andBSR for free-motion quilting I really need. I do love the BSR on the Bernina andhave been told by my local dealer that people have a hard time goingfrom quilting on a Bernina to any other machine. But, she also saidthe Babylock was the most advanced for embroidery. The dealer sells Bernina, Babylock, and Brother. Since I have all of the Bernina presser feet, Ithought about going to a new Bernina but I'm a little leery. I lovethe Babylock Solaris but can't afford it. I have also looked at thenew Janome M7 that just came out and it looks wonderful. I consideredbuying that and a separate embroidery-only machine but there is not aJanome dealer near me. I am so totally confused my head is spinning. I know no one can tellme what to buy but any insights would be appreciated. It was easierto buy my car than it is buying a sewing machine LOL.