Old 09-25-2019, 07:07 PM
sewingpup

tee hee....I am no help.....I prefer to quilt on my APQS Lucey....simple long-arm....no bells and whistles...but has a 26 inch neck and a 12 foot frame, need up/down, stitch regulator, leveler bar, and one manual channel lock...what more could I want....my getting down on the floor to baste a quilt together is long gone as is the shoving a queen sized quilt under a sit-down....If I attempted to do those things today, I would have to get a tow truck to come and get me off the floor. I had a Bernina 440 and a 630 but traded those in and now have one of the new Bernina 570's which I do like so far...but I am sticking to my long-arm for the quilting. I also picked up a new Bernina 215 which is a simple machine but light enough to take to class....and it just has the 5.5 mm feeddogs which is so much easier to piece triangle pieces with a 1/4 inch seam and I just may use that to piece all my half-square triangles with...but....I haven't had my classes on the 570 yet so I will have to see....so far...I have lost some of my triangle points to the wider 9 mm feed dogs on the 570.