View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 AM
nana2

This is absolutely great!!!!!! My granddaughter is standing over my shoulder saying we need to make this and she is right. I've just worked on getting our sewing room straighten up (never totally organized) and I just was amazed at the space I've taken up with scraps. I think I'll just get in that sewing room with a large plastic tub and dump them all of those scraps in and see what happens. There is probably some fabric in my stash that I just don't know what to do with that could find it's way into this tub and be cut into strips. School will soon be out and our Haley is much happier when she has a project going, and I will also be much happier ALSO. Since she has a very good eye for color and design, this can be TOTALLY her project; all I will need to do is turn that plastic tub over to her. I just printed out the pattern and she is studying it in great detail. I know I often mention this, but I am constantly reminded that this autistic child has many talents, and I hope any family with a child of this nature will be able to find things they can do which bring them as much contentment as quilting has brought to our granddaughter. ALSO, this is probably a good group to share one of her many literal concepts. As I took a broom and took down some spider webs on my friend's back porch (she has recently had two knee replacements), Haley was asking why I was doint this. First there was the need to explain my friends difficulty to do this. Then there was the need to explain that spider webs catch bugs and dust and just make a mess in general. (I did not tell her that I'm really not a fan of ANY spider) Without any hesitation her next question was, "Do bugs sneeze?" WELL, does this tell you something about my house????? Sometimes the dust collects rather well when we are into more interesting things such as quilting and Nana has certainly started sneezing when we tackle the dusting job, especially those overhead fans!!!! So happy quilting to all, and I hope those spiders and bugs sneeze themselves right out of our homes!!!!